Brief Description: Time For Some Sanding - Part 01
Project HOBBS Meter: 37 Days
Now that pretty much all of the internal wiring and upgrades were complete, it was time to start thinking about repainting the interior. Pretty much anything I could unbolt or unscrew I planned on having powder coated in the same textured black that I used on the RV-8. But that still left quite a bit of surface area that needed to be spray painted. I asked my good friend Mike Woolson if he'd be interested in helping me out with this and he agreed. It was quite a job, but Mike did an excellent job.
I made a big box of parts that were headed for the powder coaters and thought that would be that. But when I dropped them off, the owner informed me that the old paint on most of the sheet metal was going to have to be removed before he could powder coat them. They can sandblast the steel parts, but the aluminum is too thin and fragile for that. Waa...
So I dragged them back to the hangar and Mike and I chemical stripped a giant pile of part late into the night. We rinsed them down with lots of water and I dragged them all back to the powder coater's the very next day.