Matt's RV-6 Project



Matt Dralle's RV-6 Project
' style=
Date:  8-29-2011
Number of Hours:  1.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Interior Deconstruction - Part 01

Deconstructing the interior turned out to be quite a job. Lots and lots and lots of screws and nuts and washers had to be removed. I guess platenuts hadn't been invented yet back in 1994. I pulled a ton of hardware and wire and junk out from the panel and from behind the panel and from under the floorboards. The further I got into it, the more I realized that I wasn't going to be able to "half-ass" this job. I was just going to have to do it all and do it right. I always hate it when I see guys rebuilding something they are going to "sell" and getting the cheapest crap possible and then saying its got all new "blah". If I'm going to rebuild something, whether its for me to keep or simply to sell later on, I'm going to do it right. I decided this project was going to be done as "right" as I could without actually replacing the whole airplane!

I ended up with giant piles of junk to haul to the airport trash pile. When all was said and done, the poor little airplane looked pretty barren inside. But it was only a hint of the goodness that was to be bestowed on my new obsession...
' style=

Instruments, Breakers, Switches, & Radios Removed...

Instruments, Breakers, Switches, & Radios Removed...

' style=

Instruments, Breakers, Switches, & Radios Removed...

Instruments, Breakers, Switches, & Radios Removed...

' style=

Manual Flaps, Trim, and Seats Removed

Manual Flaps, Trim, and Seats Removed

' style=










Copyright © 2008-2019 Matt Dralle. All Rights Reserved.