Matt's RV-6 Project



Matt Dralle's RV-6 Project
' style=
Date:  8-28-2011
Number of Hours:  1.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Original Firewall Forward - Part 01

Under the cowling, the engine compartment was a little more neglected than the interior. The pealing paint on the valve covers, crusty Lightspeed ignition and lower harness, and the electrical tape patching holes on the SCAT tubing just all had to go. The Lightspeed's coax-to-spade lug wiring scheme just scared the crap out of me. Especially considering it was sitting on top of the engine. The center conductors of the coax were dried and cracked and the bare copper wire was corroded. Ack. Since I wanted to install all new electronics, most of the transducers and transducer wiring had to be redone anyway. The primer plumbing was a little sketchy and needed some attention.

It was obvious that Firewall Forward was going to take some time to bring up to my normal standards. I started pulling off all the crusty bits and pieces and got things stripped down to just the engine and removed all of the wiring and unneeded transducers. All the old crusty SCAT tubing came off and then I pulled the Lightspeed ignition off and the remaining Slick mag along with the plugs, and harness and tossed it all out.

Lots of new engine parts to order and install...
' style=

Original Firewall Forward

Original Firewall Forward

' style=

Original Firewall Forward

Original Firewall Forward

' style=

Original Firewall Forward - Wiring

Original Firewall Forward - Wiring

' style=










Copyright © 2008-2019 Matt Dralle. All Rights Reserved.